Thermal Consulting and Energy Efficiency
Energy saving is the main objective of green building. Thermal design modeling acts as a catalyst in the energy efficiency of a project. Computerized modeling can help significantly reduce the need for artificial energy to provide thermal comfort.
The energy design process is based on reviewing both:
- Passive solutions (no energy consumption)
- Active solutions (energy consuming)
Energy is saved using a combination of methods:
- Designing passive solutions to reduce energy requirements for lighting, cooling, and heating. Solutions may involve building geometry, exterior and interior walls insulation, fenestration for natural ventilation and natural lighting
- Use energy-efficient systems (active solutions)
- Use of renewable energy: use natural renewable resources such as solar, wind, geothermal, sea waves, etc.
- Smart energy management: sensors detect occupancy and control lighting, temperature and more.
Using these methods wisely may reduce energy consumption dramatically and can also achieve net-zero energy buildings preserving the environment and saving greatly on costs.